If you just gave birth vaginally, congrats! You did it! While childbirth is an amazing thing, recovering, and healing after birth can be a little painful! The postpartum period starts the second you push that baby out, and It's important that you are on your way to a healthy recovery! Recovering successfully postpartum ensures that you are the best mom that you can possibly be for your new little addition to the family!
*Just so you know, my posts usually contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase by pressing a link, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you.*
In a hurry, & don't want to read to the end? Here's the rundown :
- I've linked all the items I bought to have a successful postpartum recovery below
- Click here & use the code "MMM100" for a free milk band nursing bracelet/feeding tracker
- Click here & use the code "MMM100" for free reusable breast pads
- The Postpartum Party gives you ALL the secrets to recovering postpartum
So let's get right to it, because I'm sure you're here to either prepare, or need this stuff NOW! (lucky for us, that Amazon Prime delivers within 48 hours, right?) If you don't have a prime account, you can sign up for a free 30 day trial (& you can even cancel it after you've gotten your postpartum goodies)!
Here's what you need on deck :
- Disposable icepacks (to help soothe & heal inflammation)
- Underpads (Chux) (to keep your bed sheets clean)
- Underwear !!! (& not the pretty kind - you need these!)
- Squirt bottle (a bathroom necessity for potty relief)
- Pads (to soak up the blood and discharge)
- Nursing Pads (use the code "MMM100" for free ones!)
- Numbing spray (for that ahhhh pain relief) THIS STUFF IS GOLD & IF YOU TAKE NO ADVICE FROM ME, EXCEPT FOR BUYING THIS, YOU WILL BE A HAPPY MAMA!!!
- Witch hazel pads (a crucial piggy backer to the ahhhh pain relief mentioned above)
- Nursing Bracelet (keeping track of feeding times can be hard when you're sleep deprived. Use the code "MMM100" for some free bracelets that track your latest feeding times!)
If you're like me, and want to be FULLY prepared and organized, you can check out the complete method on using these products in "The Postpartum Party"! Get all the secrets to a healthy recovery, straight from a mama who recovered from a 4th degree perineal tear (ouch) by 2 weeks postpartum!
Have questions? Drop them below in the comments! I respond super quick! :-)
Happy healing, mama!